Mabat – Awarneness in Mulitcultural Societx invited a Delegation from Hamburg to take part in a meeting of expert in social service work with youth. The meeting took place in Haifa – Israel from the 4. of June until the 9. oft June.
Topic of the meetings was to organize German-Israeli Youth exchanges.
The german delegation visited different multicultural educational projects which all deal with a deeper understanding between the Jewish and Arab community.
The following projects were visited and carried out:
- Yad BeYad Bi-lingual school in Haifa
- Hadar Wadi Ninas with Shahi Nasser – history of an Arab community in Haifa
- Insight Sparks – leveraging games to overcome racism and discrimination
- Ein Hayam – Community Tourism Development in a mixed neighborhood
- ‚Taverna in the marketplace‘ – multicultural night festival in Haifa market
- Haifa University – Jewish-Arab Community Leadership Program
- ACAT – Acco Center for Art and Technology
- Ancient Acco Tour – Development Vs. Gentrification
- Lohamey Hagetaot – Holocast memorial Humanistic Education Center
- ‚Iftar‘ – Ramadan communal dinner, in a local community center
- Workshops for sharing practices and visions
- Planning of common projects.
- The outcome was:
- We plan a meeting in Hamburg 2018
- An a youth exchange with students in 2019
Thanks to Lior Shorer who planned the meeting and guided us perfect!
Ministry of Labor, Social and Family Affairs
Koordinierungszentrum Deutsch-Israelischer Jugendaustausch